Kratos and Atreus are back. The much-anticipated release of God of War Ragnarok is finally upon us, delivering an epic conclusion to the Norse saga, even if it has some cringe-worthy dialogue at times. There is a lot to see in this sequel, from massive boss fights to deep customization, it can be a bit disorienting at the start. If you’re the type of completionist gamer who wants to get the Platinum for God of War Ragnarok, you’ll have to spend a lot of time hunting down trophies. Here is a look at every single trophy in God of War Ragnarok and the best strategies for getting them.
Warning: major spoilers ahead for God of War Ragnarok.
How many trophies are there in God of War Ragnarok?
If you are looking to collect every trophy that God of War Ragnarok has to offer then you have 36 to collect. This breaks down to 16 Bronze, 15 Silver, 4 Gold, and of course the Platinum trophy for collecting every other trophy in the game.
This is not a small task as the game’s main story easily clocks in at 20+ hours, not to mention that this playtime more than doubles when you start taking into account the numerous side-quests and collectibles.
What is the best strategy to get every trophy in God of War Ragnarok?
There are different thoughts on how best to approach attaining a game’s Platinum trophy. If you want to do it as efficiently as possible, then your best bet is to follow a guide and do every side quest and find every collectible as you progress through the game’s narrative. While this may get you the Platinum in the quickest manner possible, it can take a lot of the fun out of the game. This is the biggest problem facing trophy hunters, keeping the game fun.
The more natural way to go about completing the God of War Ragnarok trophy list is to make your first task beating the game once. Don’t worry too much about side-quests and collectibles, unless there are ones that interest you. Follow the content that excites you and then move to the next thing when you start feeling bored or frustrated.
Experience Ragnarok at your own natural pace and enjoy the end of Kratos’s Norse saga. After completing your first playthrough you can spend time in the end game completing side-quests and gathering collectibles or start a new playthrough altogether.
Either way, the key to earning the Platinum is avoiding burnout. Play in whatever way keeps you engaged without making this too much of a chore.
God of War Ragnarok trophy list
- The Bear and the Wolf: Collect all trophies
- Ready for Commitment: Fully upgrade one armor set
- Ragnarok: Battle the All-Father
- Grave Mistake: Battle King Hrolf
- The True Queen: Battle Gna
- Spartan Ways: Remember the Spartan training
- Full Belly: Obtain all of the Apples of Idunn and Horns of Blood Mead
- Phalanx: Obtain all shields
- Collector: Obtain all relics and sword hilts
- Dragon Slayer: Craft the Scaled Armor Set
- How It's Going: Fully repair the Amulet of Yggdrasil
- Funeral for a Friend: Attend the funeral
- Full Gufa: Free the Hafgufas
- Making Amends: Free the Lyngbakr
- It Was a Good Day: Review Mardoll
- Invasive Species: Complete all of the crater hunts
- Besties: Pet Speki and Svanna
- Rightful Place: Return all of the Lindwyrms to Ratatoskr
- Pure of Hart: Return the Stags of the Four Seasons
- Trials by Fire: Complete the Trials of Muspelheim
- The Florist: Collect one flower from each of the nine realms
- The Librarian: Collect all of the books
- The Curator: Collect all of the artifacts
- How it Started: Equip an enchantment
- Spit Shine: Upgrade one piece of armor
- Knock off the Rust: Purchase a skill
- A Grizzly Situation: Battle the bear
- Blood Debt: Battle the God of Thunder
- Backyard Brawl: Battle the Mysterious Valkyrie
- Root of the Problem: Battle Nidhogg
- The Cauldron: Defeat Gryla's Cauldron
- Off the Leash: Battle Garm
- Comeuppance: Battle Heimdall
- Better Together: Battle Hrist and Mist
- Rebel Leader: Return the Hammer of the Rebellion
- New Friends: Fetch Lunda's orb
Subscribe to Inverse Daily for more stories about games, science, and entertainment that you won’t find anywhere else.