'Avengers: Endgame' First 20 Minutes Leak, Revealing Some Huge Spoilers
There’s just eleven days left until Avengers: Endgame is in theaters. But some lucky few in South Korea may have seen the first 20 minutes. And if you know where to look on Reddit, you can read a full breakdown of what’s in store within the first half-hour of the movie.
Over the weekend, Marvel’s press tour for Avengers: Endgame took the cast and crew to Seoul, South Korea. (See actor Jeremy Renner’s Instagram for photographic proof.) There, the first 20 minutes of the movie was screened for critics “at a heavily guarded event,” says user u/TheStarAvenger, who cited international film press sources such as Pinkvilla, Times Now News, and Cinemax Express who attended the screening.
The same weekend, another user named u/throwawayforendgame (in Reddit speak, “throwaway” refers to dummy accounts users make to share confidential information) wrote a general breakdown of the 20 minutes. Their breakdown was posted in r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers, a Reddit forum explicitly made for speculation and leaks involving the movies from Marvel Studios.
The South Korean preview screening contains even more footage than the ten-minute preview shown to U.S. critics in Los Angeles earlier this month.
Below is our digest breakdown of Reddit’s breakdown:
- The movie opens “with a harsh continuous beep” of an emergency broadcast similar to the one seen in the post-credits scene of Ant-Man and The Wasp.
- The film will show Clint Barton/Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) see his family turn to dust. The archery scene seen in the trailer takes place just before Thanos snaps away half the universe. This is what prompts Hawkeye to return to action as the ninja archer, Ronin.
- Wakandans hold a public funeral. Shuri is confirmed dead from Thanos, but managed to collect data on Vision before her dusting. The data she has is said to be encrypted.
- A dream/nightmare sequence will involve Tony Stark and Pepper Pots getting married. Tony then wakes up inside the Benatar, drifting in space with Nebula. This scene is said to be the one screened for U.S. critics last week, and is most known as the first scene previewed in the trailers.
- The rest of the 20-minutes shows previously shown footage as seen in the trailers: The Avengers regrouping in New York, Tony recording his message to Pepper with his Iron Man helmet, and the post-credits scene of Captain Marvel showing the arrival of Carol Danvers.
While it’s worth remaining skeptical on the validity of these spoiler posts, these at least provide a sense of what one could expect to see when Avengers: Endgame is finally in theaters.
What’s most interesting, as we speculated last week, was what Shuri collected of Vision before she was dusted away by Thanos. As we proposed, Vision may have “survived” thanks to Shuri, who possibly, maybe downloaded a “backup” of Vision. The encrypted data teased in the breakdown provides dramatic conflict for the characters, but given that these are the Avengers, they will surely find some way around Shuri’s tight security.
Either way, for the Avengers, and fans of the MCU, the end is nigh.
Avengers: Endgame hits theaters on April 26.