'Fortnite' NOMS Sign Letter Locations: Map and Guide for Letters Challenge
O-S-M-N spells NOMS, right?
Spelling out words with letters as part of a Fortnite challenge has returned, but this time it’s a total nonsense word: “NOMS!” Actually, it’s the name of a business chain within the world of Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Week 4 in Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 7 began Thursday morning. One challenge has players get eliminations at Expedition Outposts and another has them launch fireworks. But this spelling-based challenge has players search for four specific letters out of order to essentially build a sign for a business in Retail Row.
- Stage 1: Search the letter “O” west of Pleasant Park
- Stage 2: Search the letter “S” in Wailing Woods
- Stage 3: Search the letter “M” in Dusty Divot
- Stage 4: Search the letter “N” under a frozen lake
- Stage 5: Visit the “NOMS” sign in Retail Row
This one feels similar to the “spell F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E” challenge from Season 4 and a bit like the more recent Season 5 jigsaw puzzle pieces challenge, but it functions using the stage-based quest structure of challenges.
Players have to accomplish each stage in a separate match, and in every case, the individual “letter” they’re searching for is either lying on the ground or is propped up on a wall, often inside a building. None of them look like the traditional letters challenge type, and each instead looks like one piece of a sign everyone’s seen before.
- The “O” is on the outside of the building, propped up next to a dumpster.
- The “S” is underground in the Wailing Woods bunker’s second level inside an office with some computer consoles.
- The “M” is located in the building at the southeast corner of the central Dusty Divot compound.
- The “N” is inside the building at the center of the frozen lake, behind the cash register and in between a boat propped up against a wall and some shelves.
- The “NOMS” sign is on the south-facing side of the northern-most building in Retail Row.
There’s really no strategy involved here because the steps are so rigid and straightforward. Players will just have to dedicate five or more matches to this challenge and hope they don’t get eliminated along the way.
The in-game countdown says that Fortnite Season 7 doesn’t end until February 27, 2019. So players have plenty of time to complete this and other challenges before Season 8 is upon us, bringing all sorts of new map changes and challenges with it.
Here’s an in-depth look at everything included in the Fortnite Season 7 Premium Battle Pass.