Apple is expected to launch three new phones, and they’re going to be popular. After the success of the iPhone X, the company is expected to announce a series of new devices that all use the same face recognition technology as the other phone, enabling more people than before to try out the device.
The cheapest is set to be a $699 6.1-inch iPhone with an LCD screen, that may also drop key features like 3D Touch and dual lens cameras, while the second-cheapest will be an $899 5.8-inch OLED iPhone that updates the current iPhone X. The third will be a new $999 OLED iPhone with a giant 6.5-inch screen. The two most expensive phones are set to sport the name “iPhone XS,” while the cheapest may be called “iPhone XC” or some variant.
The company is set to take the stage at the Steve Jobs Theater on September 12 at 10 a.m. Pacific time to announce the phones. Here’s what to know about buying one:
When iPhone XS Will Go On Pre-Order
Apple normally plans its pre-orders for a few days ahead of the actual launch, so the pre-order date depends on when the phones go on sale. German site Macerkopf claims the phones will go on pre-order for September 14, placing the pre-order date on this Friday.
However, there could be issues for those looking for the best iPhone deal. Previous reports suggest the 6.1-inch model will launch in the middle of October, pushing the pre-order date back to an earlier point.
How to Pre-Order the New Smartphone
The most important thing to do is plan ahead and ensure you known when you’re meant to get started. Last year, the iPhone X pre-orders started on October 27 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific time, so expect a similar timing for this year.
Getting ahead of the crowd is easy. The simplest method is to use the Apple Store app:
- Download the app onto your device.
- Navigate through to the new iPhones, and use the customization options to spec out your phone.
- Press the heart button to save your order for later.
- When the time comes, navigate back to your favorites to quickly call up your option and complete the purchase.
- Get some sleep.
Alternatively, if you don’t have an iPhone handy:
- When the time’s nearly there, navigate to the new iPhone web page. Keep reloading until a blue “Buy Now” button appears in the corner.
- Hit the blue button, continue your order.
- Ensure that you receive your email confirmation at the end of the process.
- Get some sleep, knowing that you’ll be one of the first to receive Apple’s newest phone.
If you’re unlucky with both of these, there is a third option. Prospective buyers can queue up on the day of the launch and try their luck with physical stores, which have a fixed number of devices every year.