So you’re looking to buy a new iPhone? Black Friday, aka the motherload of shopping holidays, is nearly upon us, so the chances of snagging a sick deal is pretty high. But just how do you get the best deal on an iPhone? Look no further.
In addition to Inverse’s guide to winning Black Friday, we’ve scoured the internet to find the best savings to satiate many situations (old or new, unlocked, with other items, etc.). That means we found the lowest prices at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, T-Mobile, and Sprint. You just need to figure out which model to get (and when you’re going to wake up to go to these stores).
Best iPhone at Face Value
- Best Buy offers up to $200 off the purchase of an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus with a Sprint payment plan, bringing down the prices of these to $650 and $750, respectively. This deal starts Thanksgiving Thursday at 5 p.m., when Best Buy doors open.
Best Unlocked iPhone (Unrestricted Carrier)
- Best Buy offers deals on several unlocked pre-owned iPhones, including 5C and 6S models. These discounts are actually already available on Best Buy’s website.
Best iPhone Bundled with Other Items
- Walmart offers a $300 store gift card with the purchase of an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X with an AT&T or Verizon payment plan. This deal starts in stores Thursday at 6 p.m. and runs through Friday. You will also have to make an appointment to activate your phone in the store.
- Target is offering a $250 store gift card with the purchase of an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus with an AT&T, Verizon or Sprint plan. This deal is only valid at stores with Target Tech, so make sure to check if your location has this. The deal is available in stores on Friday when stores open at midnight.
- T-Mobile has a BOGO offer with the purchase of an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus. The second phone is free through a rebate, so you do have to actually purchase two phones, then submit for a rebate in the form of a prepaid MasterCard that comes six to eight weeks later in the mail. These deals are already available on T-Mobile’s site.
Best Trade-In Phone Deal
- Sprint is promoting its Sprint Flex payment plan with $350 off an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X if you trade in an old phone or transfer over an existing number to Sprint. Sprint Flex is designed as an 18-month lease where you pay half-off payment plans each month. You can choose after a year to upgrade to a newer version and start a new lease plan, or buy your phone at the end of the 18 months by paying the remaining of the phone’s full price. The phones eligible for trade-in are: iPhone 6S and above, Galaxy S7 and above, Galaxy Note5, Google Pixel and Pixel Xl, LG G5 and G6, and more. These sales are already available on Sprint’s website.
Best Deal If You Want an Older Version
- Walmart’s $300 store gift card bundle also includes iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus purchases, which come with with an AT&T or Verizon plan. Again, this deal is available in stores Thursday at 6 p.m.
- Best Buy offers the iPhone 6S for $300, which is $150 off the original price. The purchase comes with an AT&T plan, and is available starting Thursday at 5 p.m.
Don’t forget to read the fine print though — these phone deals are dependent on your mobile carrier.
Please note these links have been autonomously chosen by our editorial team, and Inverse may receive a portion of the purchase.
Hello! You've made it to the end of the article. Nice. Here's a related video you might like: "The Ball Can Wirelessly Charge Your Phone Up To 20" Away"