Shikanoin Heizou has arrived at the scene. Leakers have been collecting information on his kit and role in the story for months, so it’s a relief to finally put a face to the name. The Tenryou Commission’s number one detective has been on leaker’s radars since before Genshin Impact 2.6. However, HoYoverse only introduced him recently amidst the Genshin Impact 2.7 delay. Here’s what we know so far about the latest Genshin Impact Anemo addition, Shikanoin Heizou.
When will Shikanoin Heizou come to Genshin Impact?
Heizou might come as early as Genshin Impact version 2.8 and fans have known about Heizou’s existence for months. We can expect his arrival in the “next update,” as many other characters have shown up in updates following their initial character reveals on social media. However, he likely won’t be Genshin Impact 2.7 because of the weird timing with the delay.
What are Shikanoin Heizou’s skills and abilities?
Heizou’s skills and abilities have yet to be announced. However, Honey Hunter has recorded the majority of the leaked information into its database. Dimbreath originally posted in-depth spreadsheets of Heizou’s data in a now-deleted tweet.
The Genshin Impact Facebook confirms Heizou as an Anemo character like Kazuha, Venti, and Xiao. He’s also reportedly the first male catalyst user. So far, his kit resembles that of a catalyst DPS with a high Critical Rate, Damage possibilities, and explosive Swirl reactions.
These are the talents, passives, and other abilities that the community currently expects from the Inazuman detective.
Elemental Skill - Heartstopper Strike
This seemingly ordinary straight contains Heizou’s desire for criminals to honestly confess and repent.
- Wields the swift winds to launch a Heartstopper Strike that deals Anemo DMG.
- Charges energy to unleash an even stronger blow. He will obtain the Declension effect while charging, which will increase the power of the Heartstopper Strike. When the skill button is released or the skill finishes charging, he will strike forward, dealing Anemo DMG.
- Increases the power of the next Heartstopper Strike. Max four stacks. When you possess four Declension stacks, the Conviction effect will be produced, which will cause the next Heartstopper Strike to be even stronger and have a larger AoE.
Elemental Burst - Windmuster Kick
A unique technique that gathers Anemo in one place before unleashing it all in one kick. Is always there in a pinch to land on some criminal’s fleeing back.
- Leaps into the air and uses the Fudou Style Vacuum Slugger to explosively kick his opponent, dealing AoE Anemo DMG.
- When Vacuum Slugger hits opponents affected by Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro, these opponents are afflicted with Windmuster Iris, which will explode after a moment and deal AoE DMG of the corresponding aforementioned elemental type.
- Vacuum Slugger can afflict a maximum of four opponents with the Windmuster Iris. A Single opponent cannot be under the effect of Windmuster Irises of different elements at the same time.
What are Shikanoin Heizou’s passives?
Dimbreath’s original tweet about Heizou’s passives is still visible in the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor Discord. However, this same information has also been transferred to Honey Hunter and other Genshin Impact Wikis. Some of these passives are probably level-locked like with other characters.
- Pre-Existing Guilt: Decreases sprinting Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
- Paradoxical Practice: When Shikanoin Heizou activates a Swirl reaction while on the field, he will gain one Declension stack for Heartstopper Strike. This effect can be triggered once every 0.1s.
- Penetrative Reasoning: After Heartstopper Strike hits an opponent, increases all party members (excluding Shikanoin Heizou) Elemental Mastery by 80 for 10s.
What are Shikanoin Heizou’s constellations?
Like his abilities, Heizou’s constellations are still subject to change. Here’s the most recent data as per Honey Hunter:
- Level 1: Named Juvenile Casebook: For five seconds after Shikanoin Hezou takes the field, his Normal Attack speed is increased by 15%. He also gains one Declension stack for Heartstopper Strike. This effect can be triggered once every 10 seconds.
- Level 2: Investigative Collection: When the Fudou Style Vacuum Slugger created by Windmuster Kick explodes, it will pull nearby opponents in.
- Level 3: Esoteric Puzzle Book: Increases the level of Heartstopper Strike by three. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Level 4: Tome of Lies: The first Windmuster Iris explosion in each Windmuster Kick will regenerate nine Elemental Energy for Shikanoin Heizou. Every subsequent explosion in that Windmuster Kick will each regenerate an additional 1.5 energy for Heizou. One Windmuster Kick can regenerate a total of 13.5 energy for Heizou.
- Level 5: Secret Archive: Increases the level of Windmuster Kick by three. The maximum upgrade is 15.
- Level 6: Curious Casefiles: Each Declension stack will increase the Critical Rate of Heartstopper Strike by four percent. When Heizou possesses Conviction, this Heartstopper Strike’s Crit Dmg is increased by 32 percent.
What do I need to farm for Shikanoin Heizou?
Thanks to leaks, Heizou’s ascension and talent materials are already circulating the web. Materials can change but these relatively reliable leaks are based on the recent past. If you’re conflicted about believing the leaks, at least farm for Vayuda Turquoise Slivers, Shards, and the like. These are applicable for ascending any Anemo character. Beating up a bunch of Treasure Hunters isn’t a bad idea either, considering how many characters need their emblems.
What role does Shikanoin Heizou play in the story?
Shikanoin Heizou works for the Tenryou Commission — the same place that employs Kujou Sara. Instead of working as military personnel, he investigates hard-to-crack cases as the commission’s “number one detective.”
Not only does he possess a wild imagination, but he also has a mind for meticulous logic and reasoning, as well as an extraordinary sense of intuition when it comes to solving cases. Whenever a crime occurs, his colleagues rely on experience to help them with handling the case, but Heizou brings in an out-of-the-box perspective and gets straight to the crux of the case.
He’s known as a lively, cheerful character that’s a bit unorthodox in his methods. His unruly nature clashes with Sara’s more organized and rule-abiding one, and confuses the other Inazuman characters. Others apparently praise his intuition and reasoning as “godlike.”