Genshin Impact Version 2.3 comes to a close in January 2022, so it’s time to start looking ahead to 2.4. Developer miHoYo officially revealed Shenhe via Twitter back in November 2021, and has shared more details about the Cryo polearm character in the days leading up to her debut. Here’s everything we know about this five-star, from her abilities, personality, and confirmed release date.
When is the Genshin Impact Shenhe Banner release date?
Developer miHoYo has confirmed that Shenhe will be added to Genshin Impact as part of the 2.4 update, which begins on January 5, 2022. This was confirmed during the recent 2.4 livestream event, where miHoYo gave us a look at what to expect from the new update.
Who is Shenhe in Genshin Impact?
Shenhe is a Cryo character who wields a polearm in Genshin Impact, described as a “ferocious” warrior with a temper, able to absolutely decimate her surroundings if she gets angry enough. So it’s best to stay on her good side.
She’s a disciple of the Liyue adeptus known as Cloud Retainer, who you might recall as “the bird one.” According to a quote shared on the official Genshin Impact Twitter account, the adeptus feels a special affinity for Shenhe:
“One has traversed many realms and taken a great many pupils. Among them, Shenhe bears the closest resemblance to oneself.”
Another tweet refers to her as an “Ethereal Soul Amidst the Mortal Realm” who thinks that “Cloud Retainer is a knowledgeable and chatty master.” It also notes, “Shenhe comes from a branch family of a clan of exorcists. Due to certain reasons, Cloud Retainer took her in as a disciple.”
Is there a Genshin Impact Shenhe trailer?
Yes, there is! It was released on December 29, 2021, and it shows Shenhe in action. The trailer, titled “Shenhe: Lonesome Dream,” is melancholy in tone, hinting at the character’s cursed backstory. Check it out above.
What are Shenhe’s abilities?
Now that miHoYo has officially confirmed Shenhe’s abilities, we know exactly how the character will play. As usual, insiders such as Honey Hunter were spot-on with the leaked moveset.
Shenhe is a support character, using her Cryo abilities to aid party members during battle. Below is the full moveset.
Normal Attack: Dawnstar Shooter
- Normal attack: Performs up to five consecutive spear strikes
- Charged attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward and deal damage
- Plunging attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE damage upon impact
Elemental Skill: Spring Spirit Summoning
Shenhe’s Elemental Skill changes depending on whether you press or hold the attack button, but it always grants all party members with the Icy Quill effect:
- Press: Rushes forward together with a Talisman Spirit, dealing Cryo damage to opponents along the path
- Hold: Commands the Talisman Spirit to deal AoE Cryo damage
When using Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts deal Cryo damage to opponents. The damage dealt is increased based on Shenhe’s current Attack.
The Icy Quill effect will clear once its duration ends or after a certain number of stacks are consumed. Holding rather than pressing grants a longer duration and more stacks generated.
When one Cryo damage instance strikes multiple opponents, stacks will be consumed based on the number of opponents hit. The Icy Quill effects and stacks on every party member will be counted independently.
Elemental Burst: Divine Maiden's Deliverance
Unleashes the power of the Talisman Spirit, allowing it to roam free in this plane, dealing AoE Cryo damage. The Talisman Spirit then creates a field that decreases the Cryo RES and Physical RES of opponents within it. It also periodically deals Cryo Damage to all opponents within the field.
Shenhe’s Passive Skills can help out the entire team, granting party members with temporary buffs.
- Precise Comings and Goings: Gains 25 percent more rewards when dispatched on a Liyue Expedition that takes longer than 20 hours.
- Deific Embrace: An active character within the field created by Divine Maiden's Deliverance gains a 10 percent Cryo damage Bonus.
- Spirit Communion Seal: After Shenhe uses Spring Spirit Summoning, she will grant all nearby party members the following effects. Press: Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst damage increased by 15 percent for 10s. Hold: Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack damage increased by 15 percent for 15s. When either effect is active, activating either effect again will refresh the already-active effect's duration.
- Clarity of Heart: Spring Spirit Summoning can be used 1 more time.
- Centered Spirit: Divine Maiden's Deliverance lasts for 6 seconds longer. Active characters within the skill's field deal 15 percent increased Cryo CRIT damage.
- Seclusion: Increases the Level of Spring Spirit Summoning by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Insight: When characters under the effect of Icy Quill applied by Shenhe trigger its damage Bonus effects, Shenhe will gain a Skyfrost Mantra stack. When Shenhe uses Spring Sprit Summoning, she will consume all stacks of Skyfrost Mantra, increasing the damage of that Spring Spirit Summoning by 5 percent for each stack consumed. Max 50 stacks. Stacks last for 60s.
- Divine Attainment: Increases the Level of Divine Maiden's Deliverance by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Mystical Abandon: When characters trigger Icy Quill's effects using Normal and Charged Attack damage, no Icy Quill stacks will be used up.
Genshin Impact Version 2.4 will launch on January 5, 2022.
This article was originally published on