Finding the Right Pillow Can Be a Pain in the Neck

Here are seven great pillows for sweet dreams.

Filed Under Sleep

Research has shown that we spend one-third of our lives sleeping. So if you manage to live to the ripe old age of 90, that means you would have spent 30 years asleep. It’s true. We did the math.

Math aside, the point is that we spend a lot of our lives sleeping. Side sleepers represent about 70 percent of our dormant population, which means the other 30 percent is comprised of stomach and back sleepers. Whichever category you fall into, if you’re stuck with the wrong pillow, it can be a pain in the neck, both literally and figuratively.

While each sleeping position requires a different type of pillow, the one common denominator is superior support. Back sleepers require a flatter pillow, while side sleepers require one with a bit more loft. Finding the right pillow for your sleeping position is important because poor head and neck support can lead to bigger problems than just a sleepless night. Over time, improper alignment can lead to chronic neck, shoulder, and back pain.

No matter your preferred sleeping position, the pillow you choose can be the difference between sweet dreams or a restless night. We’ve put together a roundup of seven of the best pillows you can buy for a good night’s sleep.

1. Wamsutta Extra Firm Side Sleeper Pillow

2. Scrumptious Side Sleeper Pillow

3. Wondersleep Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow

4. Beckham Hotel Collection Gussett Gel Pillow

5. Aeris Contour Pillow

6. Nature’s Guest Cervical Support Pillow

7. Comfort & Relax Ventilated Memory Foam Bed Pillow With AirCell Technology

Inverse may receive a portion of sales from the post above, which was created independently from Inverse’s editorial and advertising team.

Media via Amazon, amazon