It wouldn’t be a Rockstar game without cheat codes, and, thankfully, Red Dead Redemption 2 is no exception to that rule. Just like GTA V before it, this Wild West open-world adventure comes complete with tons of cheats to alter your experience in both weird and helpful ways.
To use cheat codes, just open the Settings menu. Then press Triangle/Y to access the cheats menu. You’ll see a list of options, some of which are locked until later in the game. You’ll also need to know the correct phrase. Luckily, we’ve got you covered on both accounts.
Here are 10 Red Dead Redemption 2 cheat codes that you definitely shouldn’t sleep on, along with details on how to access them (courtesy of this GameSpot guide).
- Drunk: You can get drunk in Red Dead Redemption 2 the old fashioned way (with alcohol), or you can just the cheat code “A fool on command” to get drunk automatically. This one can be used anytime with no extra requirements.
- Increase Horse Whistle Range: This one is particularly useful if you’re still training your horse, since you won’t have to worry about how far away it is when you whistle. Just use the code “Better than my dog.” No requirements for this one either.
- Create Race Horse: Or, if you’d rather just trade in for a better horse you can use the cheat code “Run! Run! Run!” to spawn one instantly. No requirements needed.
- Set Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye Bars to Full: Fill up all your bars with the cheat code “You flourish before you die.” Again, no requirements.
- Heavy Weapons: Get all the guns with the cheat code “Greed is American Virtue.” Specifically, you’ll get the Bold-action Rifle, the Mauser Pistol, the Pump Action Shotgun, and the Semi-Automatic Pistol. However, you’ll have to unlock this one by beating the Chapter 3 mission “Advertising, the New American Art” and then buying a copy of either the Saint Denis Times No. 46 or the Blackwater Ledger No. 65.
- Infinite Ammo: To unlock this one you’ll need to buy another newspaper, either the New Hanover Gazette No. 27 or the Blackwater Ledger No. 62. Then type in the cheat code “Abundance is the dullest desire” to get all the bullets you could ever need.
- Create Wagon: Create a wagon out of thin air (plus the horse to pull it) with the cheat code “Keep your dreams simple.” No requirements needed.
- Create Circus Wagon: Or get weird and spawn a circus wagon instead with the cheat “Would you be happier as a clown?” This one does have a requirement though, and you’ll basically have to beat the game to unlock it. Once you reach part two of the epilogue just buy a copy of Blackwater Ledger No. 73 and you’re good to go.
- Increase Honor: Max out your honor with the ironic cheat code “Virtue unearned is not virtue.” To unlock this one you’ll have to complete the chapter four mission “Banking, The Old American Art” and then pick up a copy of the Blackwater Ledger No. 67.
- Fog Of War: Reveal the entire map early with the cheat code “You long for sight and see nothing.” To unlock it you need to finish the chapter three mission “Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern” and then buy a copy of either the Blackwater Ledger No. 66 or New Hanover Gazette No.31.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now for PS4 and Xbox One.