'Red Dead Redemption 2' Gold Bar Glitch: Get Unlimited Money With This Hack
Why steal when you can just hack the game?
Red Dead Redemption 2 might be a video game about gun-toting outlaws, but you can only steal so much money at a time, right? If you need to pony up for a fancy new horse — or some other expensive item — you’ll need serious cash to do it. That’s where this gold bar glitch comes in.
As described by Reddit user sm1ttsym1t and a few other comments, the Red Dead Redemption 2 gold bar glitch is pretty simple. All you have to do is track down a treasure chest containing a gold bar, manually save the game right before picking it up, and then reload your game. If it works, that chest should be full of unlimited treasures.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how to get as many gold bars as you can carry:
1) make sure you have no bounty and auto save is off
2) open the lock box but dont loot it
3) stand over the box so the option to take the gold bar is showing in the bottom right but dont loot it
4) save your game, back out to load screen and load the save you just made
5) head back to the lock box and take max amount of gold bars you can carry (you will notice the other item in the box is gone)
6) head over to Saint Denis and sell all bars for $15,000
7) head back to the lock box, this time close the box then open it. This returns the horse pamphlet
8) repeat steps 3-7
Of course, there’s a pretty good chance that developer Rockstar Games will patch up this gold bar glitch with an update pretty soon. But Red Dead Redemption 2 is a single-player game that runs offline, so they can’t exactly make you install the update — at least not until Red Dead Online launches next month.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now for PS4 and Xbox One.