'Fortnite' Just Added One of Its Weirdest Skins Ever
Here's everything you need to know about Vertex.
Now that Fortnite finally released its weekly update (better late than never, right?) it’s time for the experts to comb through that new code and pull out some secrets. As per usual, Twitter leakers Two Epic Buddies came through yet again with the images for nine new skins that should be coming to Fortnite soon, including a pretty crazy Legendary option called Vertex.
Following that initial leak, Fortnite Intel followed up with a detailed breakdown of all the new skins and other items coming to Fortnite: Battle Royale. Here’s everything you need to know from the latest data mine, starting with that wild Vertex skin.
First, let’s break down those new skins, starting with Vertex (top center) and moving in a clockwise direction.
- Vertex: This Legendary skin seems to depict some sort of orange robot, probably playing into Season 4’s confusing heroes and villains plot line. (This one is actually already available in the Fortnite store for 2,000 V-Bucks.
- Noir: This Epic skin introduces us to a new Prohibition-era detective theme.
- Gumshoe: Another Epic detective skin.
- Star Spangled Ranger: Here’s a new Uncommon skin just in time for July 4.
- Sleuth: Another Epic detective skin.
- Oblivion: This Legendary skin kind of looks like Batman from Batman Beyond. I’m into it.
- Star Spangled Trooper: Another Uncommon skin for your July 4 gaming needs.
- Criterion: The third and final hero/villain this week. This Legendary skin kind of looks like Iron Man if his colors were blue and orange.
- Fireworks Team Leader: And finally, an Epic level July 4 skin featuring a blue bear in red and white shorts.
Beyond Vertex and the other new skins, it looks like Fortnite is also adding a new gliders, back bling, pickaxes, and emotes. Finally, it looks like we could also get a new Tommy Gun-style “Drum Gun” to match the new Prohibition-era detective theme.