'Fortnite' Week 8, 9, and 10 Challenges Leak, Revealing 21 New Tasks
Data miners not only found the next set of Weekly Challenges for Fortnite: Battle Royale, but they also found challenges for the following two weeks.
Fortnite strategy site, 14Nites, posted the Weekly Challenges for week 8, 9, and 10 on Thursday. That’s 21 challenges for players to prep for when they go live on their respective weeks.
Here’s a rundown of the challenges:
• Deal 250 headshot damage to opponents
• Search 7 chests in Salty Springs
• Search 7 chests in a single match
• Search 7 Hungry Gnomes
• Search between a bear, crater, and a refrigerator shipment
• Get 3 suppressed weapon eliminations
• Eliminate 3 opponents in Pleasant Park
• Deal 500 damage with explosive weapons to opponents
• Search 7 chests in Moisty Mire
• Use a shopping cart
• Visit 3 different Taco Shops in a single match
• Search between movie titles
• Get 4 shotgun eliminations
• Eliminate 3 opponents in Anarchy Acres
• Search 7 chests in Junk Junction
• Deal 5,000 damage to opponent structures
• Search a chest, ammo box, and supply drop in a single match
• Skydive through 20 floating rings
• Follow the treasure map found in …
• Eliminate 10 opponents
• Eliminate 3 opponents in Fatal Fields
The weekly challenges for the next three weeks are fairly typical with some tasks being duplicates from Season 3. For Week 8, Fornite players will have the unique challenges of finding seven “hungry gnomes.” Back in Season 3, there was a task to find “hidden gnomes,” so it’s unclear how the “hungry gnomes” will differ.
As a whole, Week 8’s challenges are less combat and more search-oriented. Along with “hungry gnomes,” players will also have to find a total of 14 chests, with seven required to be found in a single match.
The Week 8 Challenges will go into effect on Thursday, and the following weeks’ challenges will go live on the same day of the week. As evident in recent weeks, these challenges are not set in stone and subject to change.
For the Week 7 Challenges, Epic got into the World Cup spirit by having players score three soccer goals. The developer even added additional soccer fields for the special challenge.