'Fortnite' Overtime Challenges List: Collect Coins to Get a Battle Pass
Epic Games really wants Fortnite fans to get excited for Season 8, and they’ve introduced Overtime challenges as a way to drum up enthusiasm. The best part? Between now and February 27, anyone who completes 13 of the 17 free Overtime challenges gets a free Season 8 premium battle pass.
As of Tuesday, 13 of the 17 free Overtime challenges are already available (but one of them is the specific challenge that rewards the free battle pass). The remaining four unlock on Friday.
Anyone who owns the Season 7 premium battle pass can unlock additional reskins for Trog, Powder, and Onesie by completing Overtime challenges and/or reaching some of the highest battle pass tiers.
Many of the free Overtime challenges so far are rather straightforward, like dealing damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols, or regaining health from a campfire. But others are a little bit more nuanced, like searching for chests or ammo boxes at a motel or RV park — or collecting coins in featured creative islands.
Here are all of the Overtime challenges released so far:
- Complete Free Overtime challenges to earn the Season 8 Battle Pass (13)
- Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands (15)
- Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifles or Pistols (500)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a motel or an RV park (7)
- Place Top 15 in Duos with a friend (3)
- Regain health from a campfire in different matches (3)
- Visit different named locations (10)
- Search a Supply Drop in different matches (2)
- Revive a player in different matches (3)
- Visit different waterfalls (7)
- Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs (500)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at The Block (7)
- Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend (3)
The coins all seem to be randomly distributed throughout the creative islands, so players will just have to load up Fortnite Creative and do some freeform exploring to complete that challenge.
Here’s a map showing where the motel and RV park are, which players can visit to open chests and ammo boxes. All of the other challenges so far are much more straightforward.
According to data miners @FortniteLAT and @NoticiasFortnit on Twitter, the remaining challenges are as follows:
- Outlast (75) opponents in a single match
- Play matches of Driftin’ with a friend
- Search (?) chests or ammo boxes at a racetrack or a dance club
- Thank the Bus Driver in (?) different matches
We’ll find out soon enough whether or not these are correct, but for anyone even remotely interested in Fortnite, the next week until the end of this season should be very busy as everyone scrambles to get that free battle pass.
Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 7 is slated to end on or around February 27, 2019, with Season 8 beginning shortly thereafter.