Elon Musk could perhaps face one of the toughest grillings in his career. As the CEO of Tesla gears up to release the company’s fourth quarter financial results on Wednesday, a big question will be on most investors’ list in the after-hours earnings call: what is going on with Model 3 production?
The company has wowed watchers over the past quarter. It’s announced the Tesla Semi truck and second-generation Roadster, both set for launch in the coming years. It’s signed deals with big names like Wal-Mart and DHL to electrify their delivery operations, and a new network of “megachargers” will help these cars run on sunlight.
But in that same quarter, Tesla only made around 202 Model 3 vehicles per week, far less than the 5,000 per week projected at the car’s launch in July. Investors will likely want reassurance that the company cal pull out of a phase Musk termed “production hell” and get the $35,000 car into consumers’ hands.
When the markets close, Tesla will issue a press release detailing its performance for that quarter, sent out alongside a detailed breakdown that should provide in-depth stats around company performance. After that, Tesla will hold a question and answer session where analysts will be able to jump in and grill Musk further.
These sessions provide some juicy tidbits about Tesla’s future plans. In previous calls, we’ve learned how Model 3 production is going, and why the solar roof will be huge this year.
When is the Call?
The call will take place at these times:
- 2:30 p.m. Pacific time
- 5:30 p.m. Eastern time
- 9:30 p.m. Greenwich Mean time
- 10:30 p.m. Central European time
- 5:30 a.m. China Standard time (Thursday)
- 9:30 a.m. Australian Eastern Daylight time (Thursday)
How to Listen
- Go to the Tesla investor relations event page. You should see a listing for the fourth quarter 2017 results, followed by a link to the webcast.
- Follow the webcast link. At this point you will see the option at the bottom of your window to test your setup. The site will display a checklist for compatible browsers, screen size, relevant plugins and connection speed. It’s best to complete this test with no other applications using the internet connection.
- When you’re done testing, return to the first screen. Enter your first name, last name, and e-mail address. The company field is optional.
- Click submit, and you’ll be taken to the conference call.
And that’s it! If you miss it, there should be a link to replay soon after.