Prime Day, the annual Amazon shopping event dedicated to low prices on a range of goods, is back. The day has something of a mixed track record, but consumers with an Amazon Prime subscription will have free access to a number of special discounts. It’s a day you won’t want to pass up, particularly if you’re in the market for an Amazon Echo or Amazon Fire TV Stick.
This year, Amazon is offering customers a head start. From Saturday July 8 until Tuesday July 11, subscribers to the $99-per-year service will receive access to a number of deals ahead of the big day. These deals, available to customers living in the more than 30 cities eligible for two-hour delivery, include a number of summer-themed goods like sparkling water, fresh strawberries, alcohol and ice cream.
This is the third year of Prime Day’s existence. While many expressed disappointment with last year’s offers, Amazon raked in record sales. The best offers were around Amazon’s own goods, like $30 off the Fire TV Gaming Edition and $15 off the Fire TV Stick. Nonetheless, consumers loved it, and Amazon recorded the biggest day of sales in the entire history of its existence. No small feat.
“Prime Now is all about giving customers time back to do the things they love which is why we’re excited to offer hundreds of exclusive deals along with free two-hour delivery so customers can get their Prime Day deals faster,” Stephenie Landry, worldwide vice president of Prime Now, said in a statement. “As Prime members enjoy their summer adventures, family road trips and last-minute backyard BBQs, Prime Now will get them items they need in ultra-fast speeds.”
Below are some of the offers available from the 8th to the 11th:
- 25 percent off select Haagen-Dazs and Halo Top ice cream
- 25 percent off select Coppertone Sunscreen products
- 25 percent off select 8-Packs of La Croix sparkling water
- 25 percent off select Larabars
- 25 percent off select Gatorade sports drinks
- 25 percent off select produce including strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and more
- Up to 30 percent off select wine, beer and spirits in select cities
- 30 percent off summer beauty, snacks and pet essentials from select local stores including Sally Beauty and All The Best Pet Care
The cities eligible for two-hour Prime Now delivery are:
- Dallas and Fort Worth
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles and Orange County
- Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Minneapolis and St. Paul
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Seattle and Eastside
- Virginia Beach
- Washington, DC Metro
Hello! You've made it to the end of the article. Nice. Here's a related video you might like: "Finland's New Basic Income Experiment"