How to do the 'Pokémon Sword and Shield' raid exploit that's polarizing fans
Don't waste your hard-earned Wishing Pieces.
Pokémon Sword and Shield have finally arrived on Nintendo Switch, and now that trainers have had a solid chunk of time to spend with the Gen 8 games, they’ve set their sights on exploring all the nooks and crannies of the Galar region. That includes finding innovative ways to take on more extreme challenges.
By using the Wishing Piece item — we’ve got tips on where to find them here — you can trigger a multiplayer Max Raid Battle against a Dynamaxed Pokémon. Before most of these battles, you’ll see a red beam of light. However, if it’s a rare Pokémon, you’ll see a purple beam. Some tricky trainers have figured out a way to re-use Wishing Pieces to give themselves a better chance at battling and catching these rare Dynamax Pokémon. Here’s how to do it.
How to use the Wishing Piece exploit to re-roll Pokémon dens
It happens to the best of us. You can’t like every Pokémon and you don’t want to waste your hard-earned Wishing Piece. Currently, there is a method to reroll Pokémon dens, but it could be patched out at any moment, so try making the most of this exploit.
- Turn off auto-saving and adjust your text to slow.
- Save using menu options when you’re next to the den, prior to using a Wishing Piece.
- Throw your Wishing Piece in the den. A red or purple beam will appear. As soon as it appears, press the home button on your Switch. If it’s not the desired color, close your game and reopen it. Repeat this step until reaching the desired color.
- Once the desired color is reached, save your game. Now interact with the den to see if you like the Pokémon it contains. If not, interact with the den again and click “invite others.” While in that menu, tap your Switch’s home button and click the gear-shaped settings button. Go down to “System” and hit “Date and Time.” Turn off the option that says “Synchronize Clock via Internet” and change the date to tomorrow’s date. Then go back into your game and back out of the menu. This will change the Pokémon contained in the den. Repeat this step until you get your desired Pokémon.
- Now you’ve got the Pokémon you wanted, and in the process gained quite a few Watts! All that’s left to do is fight and capture the Pokémon.
This method can be completed online and offline. Here’s hoping your Wishing Piece helps all your wishes come true!
Pokémon Sword and Shield are now in store everywhere