Imaginative TikTokers have created, in bits and pieces, Ratatouille the Musical, based on the 2007 Pixar animated film about a rat named Remy’s efforts to become a chef. Input news writer Matt Wille is a huge fan of Ratatouille the Musical and wrote a piece on how it came about — and why it deserves a Tony Award. He joins us to discuss.
And later: The Nike shoe known as the Freddy Krueger SB Dunk is the greatest sneaker that never was. Input news writer Ian Servantes stops by to tell the tale of a shoe that, after being canceled in 2007 due to a cease and desist letter, went on to become a cultural phenomenon.
On this episode of Input/Output, we talk about two extremely inspired — and extremely unofficial — movie spin-offs.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Give TikTok's Ratatouille the Musical a Tony, you cowards
- Nike's 'Freddy Krueger' SB Dunk is the greatest sneaker that never was
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Matt Wille on Twitter
- Follow Ian Servantes on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.