A large "Stop the Steal" Facebook group, ostensibly set up to protest the election count, got a surprise rebrand late last week. Some prankster, or pranksters, changed the name of the group to “Gay Communists for Socialism,” infuriating the page’s pro-Trump users. Input editor Ryan Houlihan and editor in chief Joshua Topolsky join us to discuss this delightful turn of events.
And later: Elon Musk’s car company recently announced its own brand of booze called Tesla Tequila. The 40-percent alcoholic beverage costs a whopping $250 and comes in a fancy glass bottle shaped like a thunderbolt. Of course, it sold out almost immediately. Ryan and Joshua talk about the latest Tesla news.
On this episode of Input/Output, we talk about an online practical joke and a novelty booze brand.
Read the original Input stories here:
- Facebook's 'Stop The Steal' Group has had the best rebrand imaginable
- Tesla didn't get the memo that a car company selling tequila is a very bad idea
Where to find us:
- Subscribe to Input/Output wherever you listen to podcasts: iTunes | Spotify | TuneIn | RadioPublic | Stitcher
- We're hosted and produced by Mark Yarm
- Follow Input on Twitter
- Follow Ryan Houlihan on Twitter
- Follow Joshua Topolsky on Twitter
All week long, our podcast Input/Output digs into the big ideas, fascinating personalities, and important stories from the pages of Input. You'll hear from the editors and writers behind the headlines, unpacking unseen context, sharing valuable insight, and giving voice to points of view that illuminate and enhance your understanding of a future that’s just up ahead. We hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy making it.