Lady Loki: 8 things to know about Marvel's new villain
“This is gonna be fun.”
Loki Episode 2 ends with a huge twist. The “Loki variant” the Time Variance Authority is tracking is a woman. Meet Lady Loki.
Here are 8 things you need to know about Lady Loki.
8. There isn’t technically a character called “Lady Loki.” Loki is a shapeshifter who’s presented as both a man and a woman in Marvel Comics.
7. That said, the modern understanding of Lady Loki began in 2008 during a story in the Thor comic.
6. In the comics, Loki took over a body meant for Thor’s friend Lady Sif. (Sif’s spirit was stuck in an old lady at a hospital where Jane Foster was working. Yes, comics are weird.)
5. This body wasn’t another disguise, it became an important part of Loki’s personality.
4. Years later, another comics arc saw Loki disguise themselves as Scarlet Witch to trick the Avengers into fighting the Elder God Chthon.
3. Loki’s Scarlet Witch disguise was undone kissed her.
2. In the original Norse mythology, Loki also sometimes presented as a woman, including an old woman named Þökk (which means “Thanks” in Old Norse).
1. In another myth, Odin claims Loki spent eight winters disguised as a woman milking cows underneath the Earth. He also allegedly gave birth to children during that time. (Yes, mythology is weird too.)