The Rivian R1T is an electric pickup, but its 800-horsepower propulsion is just one of the things that makes this truck amazing. Let’s take a closer look...
9. The Camp Speaker is a rechargeable Bluetooth speaker (and lantern!) stored in a cubby between the front seats. It charges automatically, so it’s always ready when you want to rock out at the campsite.
8. When offroading, you’ll often want to let some air out of the tires to provide better traction and increased comfort. But then you have to put air back in — so the R1T has an air compressor built-in.
7. The hose hides in a secret storage compartment in a side door of the truck, and it can pump up the R1T’s tires, bike tires, inflatable rafts, or whatever else you might need to fill with air.
6. The R1T has detachable cargo bars that can carry anything from skis and snowboards to a tent (more on that later). Even more clever is the fact that they can mount to either the cab of the truck or to the bed rails — and can be moved between them easily.
5. Have you ever gotten out of your vehicle in the middle of the night and wished you had a flashlight?
Rivian’s designers have too, which is why they’ve hidden a rechargeable flashlight in the door. It outputs 1,000 lumens and charges when it’s stored away.
4. The R1T’s key has a built-in carabiner so you can hook it to your backpack (or wherever) when you’re hiking so you don’t lose it.
3. Two power outlets are hidden in the bed so you can plug in blenders, TVs, or whatever else you need at the campsite (or tailgate!).
2. Rivian partnered with Yakima on a custom three-person tent that mounts to the cargo rails on the bed or the cab. An extendable fold-out ladder makes getting in and out a snap.
1. A three-inch-thick foam mattress keeps you comfy, while openings in the ceiling allow you to stargaze from your pillow.
And that’s just the beginning of the cleverness that is the Rivian R1T. Check out my full review to learn everything about this terrific truck.