New benchmarks from AMD suggest its new Ryzen 6000 mobile processor could offer big performance boosts on thin and light laptops
AMD’s main goal with Ryzen 6000 mobile processors is to offer the gaming laptop performance the company is known for on even thinner, lighter, and quieter laptops.
• New 6nm process
• “Zen 3+” cores optimized for power efficiency
• New learning model for improved power management over time
More CPU performance per watt on AMD Ryzen 9
Better 3D Rendering performance on AMD Ryzen 7
For games, the addition of AMD’s RDNA 2 graphics architecture to the chips’ integrated graphics means fairly dramatic improvements in performance from demanding games on ultrathin hardware.
• 2x better graphic performance than the Ryzen 5000 series
• Hrdware ray tracing built-in
• 50 percent larger GPU compute engine
“With new Radeon 600M integrated graphics, you can play pretty much every game out there in full HD 1080p.”
'Back 4 Blood' performance on a Ryzen 7 6800U with Radeon 680M
AMD’s new Ryzen 6000 series chips are shipping on laptops starting this month. Including laptops from Razer and Lenovo.